The notification center is a component, also sometimes referred to as a widget that furnishes your web application with a beautiful and smooth In-App notification experience for users.
In-App notifications are different from push notifications in the sense that In-App notifications are consumed by the user in your app itself, whether push notifications are shown on the device level. Read more about push channel and supported providers.
Novu provides a pre-built, ready-to-use and customizable UI component. It also allows you bring your own UI via a headless component which can be used to add In-App notifications to any platform.
Why use the Novu notification center?
- Users can manage subscriber preferences from the notification center itself.
- You want to notify about any product activity related to the user.
- Prebuilt UI component so no need to build UI from scratch.
- Highly customizable as per your product design system.
- Multi-device real-time notification experience powered by web sockets.
- Secure your connection using HMAC encryption.
- Have multi tabs notification experience.
In-App notification:- In-App notification is a message sent to the subscriber using an In-App channel step in the workflow.
In-App notifications feed:- List of all In-App messages sent to a particular subscriber.
feeds:- feeds are stores/tabs in which In-App messages can be grouped. One message can be in only one feed.
notification actions:- Notification actions are cta buttons below notification content which can be clicked to perform any action or external API call.
redirect url:- When a single notification item from the list is clicked then it can be configured to perform an action or redirect to any URL.