You can use the Amazon SES provider to send transactional emails to your customers using the Novu Platform with a single API to create multi-channel experiences.
To use the Amazon SES provider in the email channel, you will need to create an SES account and add your credentials to the Amazon SES integration on the Novu platform.
Setting up SES in AWS?
- Either use a root AWS account or create a new IAM account with appropriate permission policies.
Example policy rule
- Create a new access key and save generated
- Choose Amazon Simple Email Service.
- Create a new identity.
- Either choose domain or email.
- Verify your domain (by adding a few DNS records as mentioned in SES instructions) or email (AWS sends a verification email to your email).
- Verify the recipient email also by creating a new email identity type [only in sandbox mode].
- Test if your SES is set up correctly using the test email feature.
Creating an SES integration with Novu
- Visit the Integrations page on Novu.
- Click on Add a Provider.
- Select Amazon SES service.
- Enter previously saved
- Fill in the
From email addressfield using the authenticated sender email id in the previous step.
us-east-1. By default Novu uses
- Click on the
Disabledbutton and mark it as
- Click on the Update button.
- You should now be able to send notifications using Amazon SES in Novu.