You can use the Mailjet provider to send transactional emails to your customers using the Novu Platform with a single API.
To use the Mailjet provider in the email channel, you will need to create a Mailjet account and add your API key to the Mailjet integration on the Novu platform.
Generating an API Key
To generate a new API key in Mailjet, you can follow these steps:
- Log in to your Mailjet account.
- Click on Settings in the top-right corner of the screen, and then click API KEYS & TRACKING from the drop-down menu.
- On the API Keys page, click the Create an API Key button.
- Give the API key a name and choose the access level Write and Read
- Click the Generate Key button to create the new key. Once generated you can see the key but it will be hidden after the refresh
Authenticating your sender identity
Before you can send emails on a large scale, you will need to authenticate your Sender identity. This is due to the latest regulatory changes regarding SPAM rules and email fraud. Most of the providers including Mailjet require you to authenticate your Sender identity before you can send emails.
Mailjet allows you to authenticate your sender identity using one of the following methods:
- Single Sender Verification - This is the easiest way to authenticate your sender identity.
- Entire Domain Authentication - This is recommended if you are sending emails from multiple accounts under your domain.
Creating a Mailjet integration with Novu
- Visit the Integrations page on Novu.
- Locate Mailjet and click on the Connect button.
- Enter your Mailjet API key.
- Fill in the
From email addressfield using the authenticated email from the previous step.
- Click on the
Disabledbutton and mark it as
- Click on the Connect button.
- You should now be able to send notifications using Mailjet in Novu.