You can use the Mailtrap provider to send transactional emails to your customers using the Novu Platform with a single API to create multi-channel experiences.
To use the Mailtrap provider in the email channel, you will need to create a Mailtrap account and add your API key to the Mailtrap integration on the Novu platform.
Generating an API Key
To generate a new API key in Mailtrap, you can follow these steps:
- Sign Up or Log in to your Mailtrap account.
- Click on the Email Sending link on the sidebar, and then click the “Sending Domains” link that pops up from the available options.
- On the Sending Domains page, type your domain name and confirm with the
Add Your Domainbutton. Then, proceed to copy DNS records Mailtrap provides to your domain’s DNS.
- Go to API Keys page and copy token with
Domain Adminaccess level for your registered domain.
Authenticating your Sender Identity
Before you can send emails, you will need to verify your sending domain ownership. Mailtrap rejects sending emails from unverified domains to prevent spam and email fraud.
Creating a Mailtrap integration with Novu
- Visit the Integrations store on the Novu web dashboard.
- Click on Add a Provider.
- Select Mailtrap service.
- Enter your Mailtrap API Key.
- Fill in the
From email addressfield using the authenticated email from the previous step.
- Click on the
Disabledbutton and mark it as
- Click on the Update button.
- You should now be able to send notifications through Mailtrap using Novu.