You can use the Mandrill by Mailchimp provider to send transactional emails to your customers using the Novu Platform with a single API.
To use the Mandrill provider in the email channel, you will need to create a Mandrill account and add your API key to the Mandrill integration on the Novu platform.
Generating an API Key
To generate a new API key in Mandrill, you can follow these steps:
- Sign up or Log in to your Mandrill account.
- Navigate to the Settings of your account and look for the API Keys section at the bottom of the settings page.
- Click on the + Add API Key button to create an API key. Copy the generated key immediately and store it in a secure location. You won’t be able to see or copy the key once you finish generating it.
Adding a sending domain
To get started, you’ll need to add the domain that you want to send messages from.
- Navigate to the Settings page and choose Domains
- Type a new domain in the domain input and click Add
- Follow the instructions to verify ownership of your sending domain and update your DNS records.
Creating the Mandrill integration with Novu
- Visit the Integrations page on Novu.
- Locate Mandrill and click on the Connect button.
- Enter your Mandrill API key.
- Fill in the
From email addressfield using the authenticated email from the previous step.
- Fill in the
- Click on the
Disabledbutton and mark it as
- Click on the Connect button.
- You should now be able to send notifications using Mandrill in Novu.