It is possible to use Postmark as a provider to send transactional emails to your customers using the Novu Platform with a single API.
The first step to use the Postmark provider in the email channel is to create a Postmark account and add the personal API key to the Postmark integration on the Novu platform.
Getting the API Key
- To find the Postmark API key, log into the personal Postmark account and navigate to the servers page.
- After selecting the server to use, the API key (referred to as “Server API tokens”) will be in the “API Tokens” section of the server chosen.
Authenticating the sender’s identity
Due to the latest regulatory changes regarding SPAM rules and email fraud, it is needed to authenticate the sender’s identity before sending emails on a large scale. Most of the providers, including Postmark, require authentication to unlock the possibility of sending emails.
Postmark allows the authentication of the sender’s identity using one of the following methods:
- Single Sender Verification - This is the easiest way to authenticate the sender’s identity.
- Entire Domain Authentication - This is recommended for sending emails from multiple accounts under the same domain.
Create a Postmark integration with Novu
- Visit the Integrations page on Novu.
- Click on Add a Provider.
- Select Amazon SES service.
- Enter the Postmark API key.
- Fill in the
From email addressfield using the authenticated email from the previous step.
- Click on the
Disabledbutton and mark it as
- Click on the Update button.
- Now is possible to send notifications using Postmark in Novu.