You can use the Sendchamp provider to send SMS messages to your customers using the Novu Platform with a single API to create multi-channel experiences.
To use the Sendchamp provider in the SMS channel, the first step is to create a Sendchamp account and add your API key and Sender ID to the Sendchamp integration on the Novu platform.
Retrieving your API Key
To find your Sendchamp API key:
- Sign up or Login to your Sendchamp account.
- Click on the Avatar icon in the top right corner of the screen, and then click
API & Integrationsfrom the drop-down menu.
Click on the Avatar icon in the top right corner of the screen, and then click `API & Integrations` from the drop-down menu.
Alternatively, you can access the API key from the Accounts menu.
- Scroll to the bottom of the sidebar (on the left) and click on
- This will display a dropdown from which you can then click on
API keys & Webhooksto view your API key.
Click on the API keys and webhooks to view your API key
- On the API Keys page, copy the Public access key.
Get your Sender’s ID
The Sender ID represents the sender of the message to your customers.
To get your Sender’s ID:
- On the sidebar (on the menu on your left), click on
SMS. This will display a dropdown. Click on
Sender IDfrom the dropdown options.
- On the page that appears, you’ll find a list of your Sender IDs
Click sms and select sender ID
If you have not created one yet:
- Click on the
Create Sender IDbutton to request a Sender ID.
- Fill in the form.
- Click on
Add Sender IDbutton.
Click on the add sender ID button
Once it is approved, you can use your Sender ID as the from field on the Novu platform.
Create a Sendchamp integration with Novu
- Visit the Integrations page on Novu.
- Click the “Add a provider” button.
- Locate Sendchamp under the SMS section and click on the Connect button.
- Enter your Sendchamp API Key.
- Fill in the
- Click on the
Disabledbutton and mark it as
- Click on the Connect button.
Now it is possible to send SMS notifications using Sendchamp in Novu.