You can use the Telnyx provider to send transactional emails to your customers using the Novu Platform with a single API to create multi-channel experiences.
To use the Telnyx provider in the SMS channel, you will need to create a Telnyx account and add your API key to the Telnyx integration on the Novu platform.
Finding the API Key
To find your Telnyx API key:
- Log into your Telnyx account.
- Navigate to Account Setting.
- Then go to Keys & Credentials.
- You can copy the API key from there.
- Alternatively, you can create an API key by tapping on the Create API Key button.
Before copying it, make sure its status is showing active.
Finding the Message Profile ID
To get your Message profile ID:
- Navigate to Messaging to find the profiles.
- Make sure you created a Telnyx Messaging Profile previously. Learn more here.
- Go to the active Messaging Profile.
- Copy the profile ID.
Making sure that the From address is valid
A valid from address must be a valid phone number in +E.164 format, a short code, or an alphanumeric sender ID associated with the sending messaging profile. Alphanumeric sender IDs must be between 1 and 11 characters long, and can only contain ASCII letters, numbers, and spaces. They must contain at least one letter.
Creating a Telnyx integration with Novu
- Visit the Integrations page on the Novu.
- Locate Telnyx and click on the Connect button.
- Enter your Telnyx API Key.
- Fill in the Message profile ID field.
- Enter the Valid From address.
- Click on the
mark it as Active.
- Click on the Save button.
- You should now be able to send notifications using Telnyx in Novu.